Pack a Proper Carryon
Because checked bags have a habit of disappearing, always pack these items in your carryon. No excuses:
1. All prescription medications, especially ones you can’t live without.
2. All jewellery. Many homeowner insurance policies don’t cover jewellery if it’s lost while you’re travelling. Leave the diamond tiara and all your Rolexes at home.
3. All electronics, including computers, cameras, recorders and phones. Pack the chargers and cords, too, if there’s room and you think they may not be replaceable at the other end of the journey.
4. Nothing unnecessary. Do you really need both the laptop and your iPad in an already full carryon?
5. Anything fragile, such as camera lenses.
6. Just ONE guidebook, people. Keep the rest of your travel notes bookmarked on your laptop.