ON THE GROUND
Help make tourism sustainable for everyone involved, including the communities you’re visiting.
Show your support of International Women’s Day. The amazing people at G Adventures’ Planeterra share these tips:
1. Research your destination in advance to find small businesses that support social causes for women.
2. Eat at local independent restaurants whenever you can. The hospitality industry spreads wealth throughout the developing world unlike any other industry.
3. Support the micro-entrepreneurs—the women you see selling food, working at markets or making their own wares. Pay fair prices that value the time spent on the crafts.
4. Support non-profit organizations, as many will focus on women’s empowerment, education, training and human rights.
5. Experience local culture by going with home-stay accommodation.
Like this post? Subscribe to our newsletter and get loads more!