Save for a Holiday
People don’t travel because they think they can’t afford it. This is not the right mind-set. FIND the money. It’s worth it! Here’s how to save for a holiday.
1. Start browsing for vacation packages well before the holiday season begins. The earlier you book, the more likely you are to save up before you travel.
2. Tuck away a few dollars every week or every paycheque. See if your bank offers an automatic savings option.
3. Timing is everything. Travelling just before or after high season can lead to savings and some destinations offer deals during these low periods.
4. See if you can redeem any points collected on your credit card.
5. Consider spending your vacation locally—at a neighbouring community or a country inn or spa. You don’t have to go far to feel like you’ve been away.