The Middle Seat
Does it seem like you always get stuck with the middle seat? Take these tips to heart to avoid it all together – or at least make it more palatable. (Wouldn’t it be nice if they just made the middle seat a bit bigger?)
1. Check in online as early as possible to avoid the middle seat completely.
2. Once at the airport, ask at the check-in desk and even at the gate if any other seats have become available since you checked in.
3. Once you’ve accepted your middle-seat fate, pray that you get two slim Jims on either side of you.
4. Put most of your stuff in the overhead bin, so you can have maximum legroom. And don’t worry if you have to ask the aisle person to get up let you into your carryon.
5. Stake your claim on the most comfortable sections of both arm rests. (You’re entitled.)
6. Fall asleep. Maybe work in a bathroom break first.
7. Read, work, meditate, make to-do lists, watch a movie, pretend you’re on the subway. Just try to take your mind off everything and you’ll be home in a flash.
8. Shell out for the Premium Class upgrade and stop yer whining.